ARBËNIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kosova News Thread-Discuss

2 posters

Go down

Kosova News Thread-Discuss Empty Kosova News Thread-Discuss

Post  AuLoNa Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:54 pm

Hage, Surroi pershkruan genocidin serb

http://www.top-channel.tv/new/video.php?id=3249

^^^shiko video

Publicisti Veton Surroi po deshmon ne gjykaten e Hages kunder gjeneralit serb Vlastimir Gjeorgjevic, i akuzuar per vrasjen dhe debimin e qindra mijera shqiptareve.

Surroi ka dhene nje pershkrim te detajuar te genocidit serb, duke filluar qe nga hapat e para te Beogradit per rrenimin e Kushtetutes se Kosoves.

Ish-kryetari i partise reformiste Ora ka permendur popullimin e Kosoves me refugjate serbe nga vende te ndryshme te ish-Jugosllavise, largimin me force te shqiptareve nga puna dhe mbylljen e shkollave shqipe dhe te Universitetit te Prishtines.

Gjeorgjevic, ish-zyrtar i Ministrise se Brendshme serbe, eshte i dyshuari i fundit qe do te perballet me procesin gjyqesor ne Hage per krimet e kryera gjate luftes ne Kosove ne vitet 1998-99. Nese shpallet fajtor ai mund te denohet me burgim te perjetshem.

Surroi: Ne Hage, paradoks per Kosoven

http://www.top-channel.tv/new/video.php?id=3335

^^^shiko video
“Qeveria, asnje veprim per krimet serbe”

Last edited by AuLoNa on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
AuLoNa
AuLoNa
No rank
No rank

Female
Number of posts : 1002
Humor : Plenty..:)
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Kosova News Thread-Discuss Empty EU Trying To Sway Serbia Over Kosovo Serbs

Post  AuLoNa Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:14 pm

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/main/news/16329/
Pristina | 30 January 2009 |

Pieter Feith during the Life in Kosovo talk show
Pieter Feith during the Life in Kosovo talk show
The European Union is trying to convince Belgrade not to pursue its plan for parallel structures in Serb areas of Kosovo, said the head of Kosovo's International Civilian Office, Pieter Feith.

Belgrade has vowed to never recognise Kosovo's secession in February last year and is keeping a firm hold on pockets of Serb minority communities in Kosovo, setting up a network of parallel health, education and social security structures that mean Serbs in Kosovo need have little to do with the Albanian authorities in Pristina. Analysts say this paves the way for a partition along ethnic lines.

"The realities on the ground are that Belgrade has influence on the Serb community north of the Ibar," Feith said in an interview for the 'Life in Kosovo' talk show. "Unfortunately, but this is how it is. And we have a good dialogue with Belgrade, this is a part of our border dialogue to allow Serbia, like Kosovo, to benefit from its European perspective."

"But we have to remind the Serb government to honour its commitments, that the main criminal elements in the north need to be brought to justice and eliminated from any political activity " he said, building on earlier statements that violence in the flashpoint town of Mitrovica, divided between Serbs in the north and Albanians in the south, was related to crime and smuggling.

The town has been a hotbed of tension since Kosovo's Albanian majority declared independence from Serbia in February, nine years after NATO expelled Serb forces accused of mass killings while fighting a guerrilla insurgency. In late December and early January, tensions in the town spilled over to violent protests, street fights and ambushes that have injured several people and caused extensive property damage.

Feith said that the situation in Mitrovica would likely remain tense if the security situation was not addressed, adding that the European Union supervisory mission deployed in Kosovo in December was a reminder to Belgrade "to create conditions for the EULEX mission’s success.”

He called on local Serbs to stop boycotting local government bodies as the "full participation of the Serbian community in municipal elections would supersede the parallel institutions.”

(Reporting by Vjosa Musliu)
AuLoNa
AuLoNa
No rank
No rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Kosova News Thread-Discuss Empty Kosovo Takes CEFTA Row To Brussels

Post  AuLoNa Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:16 pm

Kosovo authorities have asked the European Commission to clarify exactly who in Kosovo is the signatory of the Central European Free Trade Agreement -- Kosovo's government in Pristina or the UN supervisory mission --, in a bid to move forward in their trade row with Serbia and Bosnia

Serbia rejects the secession by Kosovo's Albanian majority last February and has vowed never to accept it as an independent country. It is currently blocking goods that enter Serbia stamped with the seal of the Kosovo Customs authority, and has enlisted the Serb half of Bosnia to do the same.

Kosovo authorities have said the blockade is unacceptable because all three countries were signatories of CEFTA, which stipulates the free movement of goods and services throughout the Balkans. At the time of the signing, the United Nations mission in Kosovo, UNMIK, signed on behalf of Pristina, making it unclear whether Kosovo as a state is considered a signatory and has recourse to legal measures.

“Tomorrow, or eventually next week, talks will begin again in order to overcome the situation”, said Kosovo's Minister for Trade and Industry, Lutfi Zharku, after a meeting with David O’Sullivan, European Commission director of trade in Brussels.

Aside from holding up Kosovo-stamped goods at the border, Serbia is not allowing them to pass as transit through Serbia’s territory, leading to fears among Kosovo firms that they could lose their trading partners in Western Europe. Worried about the lost revenue and cancellations of orders, business leaders have asked for a clear answer as soon as possible.

“Now we need urgent political decisions to drive the discussions at the European Commission, in order to clarify Kosovo’s position in international mechanisms”, said Besim Beqaj, head of the Kosovo Economic Chamber.

(Reporting by Shega A'Mula)
AuLoNa
AuLoNa
No rank
No rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Kosova News Thread-Discuss Empty OKB nxit bisedimet mes Prishtinës dhe Beogradit

Post  AuLoNa Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:08 pm

OKB nxit bisedimet teknike mes Prishtinës dhe Beogradit, pritet që në bisedime të marrin pjesë aktorë ndërkombëtar. Ndërkohë autoritetet kosovare refuzojnë planin 6 pikësh të OKB si dhe bisedimet teknike me Serbinë.

PRISHTINE- Misioni i Kombeve të Bashkuara në Kosovë, nxit bisedimet teknike mes Prishtinës dhe Beogradit dhe njofton se në rast të nisjes së tyre do të jetë pjesëmarrës krahas misioneve të tjera ndërkombëtare që do të marrin pjesë në bisedime, vetëm pasi të jetë përcaktuar roli i tij. Zëdhënësi i UNMIK-ut në Kosovë Aleksandër Ivanko i tha “Radios europa e lirë” se “kjo është një çështje e cila ka mbetur për tu shqyrtuar, por pritet që në këto bisedime të marrin pjesë shumë aktorë. Roli i UNMIK-ut është ende i paqartë pasi përgjegjësitë e tij në sektorë të tillë si policia, drejtësia, dogana dhe tatime në Kosovë tashme i janë bartur EULEX-it dhe nuk janë më përgjegjësi e UNMIK-ut. Ivanko i tha “Radios europa e lirë” se shefi i tij Lamberto Zanier, menjëherë pas kthimit nga Nju Jorku do informojë autoritetet në Prishtinë lidhur me takimin e tij me ministrin e Jashtëm serb Vuk Jeremiç. Përfaqësues të UNMIK-ut përsëritin edhe njëherë nevojën e rifillimit të dialogut mes Prishtinës dhe Beogradit.

Ndërkohë autoritetet në Kosovë vazhdojnë të refuzojnë planin 6 pikësh të OKB-së si dhe bisedimet teknike me shtetin serb, duke këmbëngulur në qëndrimin se me Serbinë mund të bisedohet vetëm për çështje që janë në interes të dy shteteve fqinjë. Ndërkohë mësohet gjithashtu se ka filluar regjistrimi i mallrave në pikat doganore në veri të Kosovës në Jarinjë dhe Bernjak, ku përfaqësues të EULEX qysh prej mesnatës kanë filluar regjistrimin e të gjithë mallrave që hyjnë në territorin e shtetit të Kosovës.
AuLoNa
AuLoNa
No rank
No rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Kosova News Thread-Discuss Empty 'Kosova pret njohje të reja'

Post  AuLoNa Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:35 pm

Presidenti i Kosovës, Fatmir Sejdiu në fjalimin e tij në mbajtur në Konferencën e Sigurisë në Mynih të Gjermanisë, ka thënë se Kosova meriton të njihet nga më shumë shtete.

Komentet e tij u bënë në prag të përvjetorit të parë të shpalljes së pavarësisë së Kosovës.

Z. Sejdiu ka thënë se priste të ketë njohje të reja. Deri tani Kosova është njohur nga 54 shtete.

Presidenti kosovar tha se përkundër dyshimeve që kanë pasur disa vende, Kosova ka dëshmuar se është në gjendje të mbajë shtetin, prandaj theksoi ai, ajo meriton të njihet nga më shumë shtete.

Presidenti kosovar e bëri këtë deklaratë në Konferencën për Siguri që po mbahet në Mynih të Gjermanisë, ku po marrin pjesë 350 politikanë, ushtarakë e ekspertë nga mbarë bota.

Në fjalimin e tij, ai u përqëndrua në përparimet që ka bërë Kosova pas shpalljes së pavarësisë, duke veçuar këtu miratimin e kushtetutës që garanton respektimin e të drejtave të njeriut, veçanërisht të pakicave.

Kosovën deri tani e kanë njohur 54 shtete, ndërsa udhëheqja kosovare ka paralajmëruar njohje të reja para njëvjetorit të pavarësisë.

Së fundi sinjale për njohjen e Kosovës kanë ardhur nga Ishujt Maldive, të cilat të premten kanë njohur pasaportat e Kosovës dhe kanë paralajmëruar edhe njohjen e shpejtë të shtetit të ri.
AuLoNa
AuLoNa
No rank
No rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Kosova News Thread-Discuss Empty Kosovo is Europe’s Responsibility

Post  Hëna Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:48 pm

Wednesday, 11 February 2009 10:43

Martti Ahtisaari , Wolfgang Ischinger and Albert Rohan

http://www.guatemala-times.com/opini...nsibility.html

One year ago, on February 17, 2008, Kosovo declared its independence, and has so far been recognized by more than 50 countries representing close to 60% of the world's economic power. Interethnic violence - which many feared - has largely been avoided, and the mass exodus of Serbs that some also predicted has not occurred. The Comprehensive Proposal for the Kosovo Status Settlement (the so-called "Ahtisaari Plan"), which provides for international supervision of Kosovo's independence, is gradually being implemented. A large civilian European Union mission has been deployed.

Unfortunately, however, we still cannot turn the page on this pernicious conflict, which has led to so much tragedy and has been a cause of instability in the Balkans for far too long. The issue will not go away, because Serbia persists in its rejection of the new reality, and is doing everything in its power to prevent normalization.

On orders from Serbia's government, Kosovo Serbs, who represent some 5% of the population, refuse to cooperate with Kosovo's government and the EU mission. In doing so - and this is the irony of the matter - Serbs themselves are preventing the early implementation of the wide-ranging community rights foreseen in the Ahtisaari Plan, which would bring to them a normal and secure life. On the international level, Serbia - with strong support from Russia - is actively engaged in blocking Kosovo's accession to the United Nations and other global or regional organizations.

It is difficult to comprehend what Serbia aims to achieve. Nobody will deny that, for any state, being separated from part of its territory is a painful matter - even if a different ethnic group largely populates that territory. Still, there are examples in recent history when this has been achieved in a consensual manner.

In the case of Kosovo, after the Milosevic regime's brutal behavior in the 1990's - including repression, massive human rights violations, and large-scale expulsions of Kosovo Albanians - prompted NATO to intervene and the UN to take over the country's administration, return to Serbian rule became unthinkable. Serbia's democratic leaders of today must understand that the loss of Kosovo - although not their doing - is an irreversible reality with which they must come to terms.

All they can achieve with their current policy of rejection is to delay the much-needed stabilization of the region following the break-up of Yugoslavia, and to make life miserable for Kosovo and its people. Would it not be wiser to give a helping hand to the infant state, turning hostility into friendship and thus securing the future presence of Serbs in Kosovo?

Kosovo is, first of all, a European problem, and the EU has the primary responsibility to turn it into a success story. Regrettably, the Union's inability to agree on a common policy has not only weakened its role on the international level, but has also become a major obstacle to determined action in the country itself.

The five member states that continue to withhold recognition of Kosovo should be aware that their stance encourages those who reject the EU mission any cooperation and impede its work. It also makes it infinitely more difficult for moderate forces in Serbia to adjust to the new situation.

Only a unified EU position, combined with the knowledge that EU accession for Serbia is unthinkable as long as this conflict has not been fully resolved, may over time lead to a change of attitude on the part of both ordinary Serbs and their government. Kosovo, on the other hand, needs a clear European perspective and unhesitating help to meet the daunting challenges it is facing. At the moment, both are missing.

Nobody should be misled by the relative calm now prevailing in Kosovo. The Balkans' recent tragedies have shown that problems that remain unresolved sooner or later turn into open conflict, and that the costs become unbearable for all. There is no time for complacency. Those concerned should take to heart what American President Barack Obama said in his inaugural speech: "Our time for standing pat, for protecting narrow interests and putting off unpleasant decisions - that time has surely passed."

Martti Ahtisaari, a former president of Finland, was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for 2008; Wolfgang Ischinger, a former German ambassador, is Chairman of the Munich Conference on Security; Albert Rohan, a former Secretary General of Austria's foreign ministry, was deputy UN Special Envoy for the final status negotiations for Kosovo.
Hëna
Hëna

Female
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Kosova News Thread-Discuss Empty Re: Kosova News Thread-Discuss

Post  Hëna Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:36 pm

Today, we will talk about Kosovo. In February 2008, the Albanian provisional government in NATO-occupied Kosovo declared its independence. It was done without Serbias consent or UN approval. The new state was immediately recognized by the U.S. and a number of its allied states, including most of the EU. The expected resistance from Serbia failed to materialise, though Belgrade still refuses to recognize the secessionists. Today, a year after the secession, well be talking about the situation around Kosovo and its ramifications for world politics with Edward Lozansky, president of the American University in Moscow and Aleksey Kuzmin, Chairman of the advisory board at the National Prospects Foundation.
Hëna
Hëna

Female

Back to top Go down

Kosova News Thread-Discuss Empty Autoritetet vendore ia ndalojnë Bogdanoviqit hyrjen në territorin e Republikës së Kosovës

Post  Hëna Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:01 pm

Të ashtuquajturit ministër serb për Kosovën, në Qeverinë e Serbisë, Goran Bogdanoviq, autoritetet vendore ia kanë ndaluar sot hyrjen në territorin e Republikës së Kosovës, në përpjekjen e tij për t’i vizituar enklavat serbe, pa marrë paraprakisht lejen e institucioneve të Kosovës, por vetëm të UNMIK-ut.
Ministri i Punëve të Brendshme të Kosovës, Zenun Pajaziti, ka deklaruar sonte për emisionin e Lajmeve qendrore të Radio-Televizionit të Kosovës se të ashtuquajturit ministër për Kosovën në Qeverinë e Serbisë, Bogdanoviq dhe eskortës së tij organet përkatëse të Republikës së Kosovës nuk i kanë dhënë leje për të hyrë në territorin e Republikës së Kosovës.

Ministri Pajaziti ka sqaruar se sot ka arritur një kërkesë, jo drejtpërdrejt te institucionet përkatëse të Republikës së Kosovës, por përmes UNMIK-ut, nga z. Bogdanoviq në përpjekjen e tij për ta vizituar Kosovën.

Ministri Zenun Pajaziti ka sqaruar se megjithate institucionet e vendit kanë shqyrtuar këtë kërkesë të tërthortë dhe kane vendosur të mos lejojë ministrin Bogdanoviq të hyjë në territorin e Republikës së Kosovës, me që kanë vlerësuar se edhe mesazhet të cilat ai sjellë me vete janë në kundërshtim me përpjekjet e institucioneve vendore e ndërkombëtare për paqë e stabilitet në vend.

Bogdanoviq edhe gjatë vizitave të mëparshme në shumë raste ka ftuar serbët e Kosovës që të mos pranojnë institucionet e Kosovës, ka thënë ministri Pajaziti.
Hëna
Hëna

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Hëna Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:15 pm

Hëna
Hëna

Female

Back to top Go down

Kosova News Thread-Discuss Empty Don't Demonize Kosovo, Support It

Post  Hëna Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:56 pm

(From today's Wall Street Journal Europe.)

Serb Bishop Artemije's response (Letters to the Editor, Jan. 21) to the article by Morton Abramowitz and Daniel Serwer is simply unbecoming of a religious man of his stature.

It is an uncanny irony that his answer coincided with the notice that the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia started procedures against yet another Serb high official accused of crimes in Kosovo, namely the campaign of terror and violence against ethnic Albanians during 1998 and 1999. As already documented, what ensued was systematic deportation, mass killings of over 10,000 civilians (with 2,000 people still missing), rape, theft, wanton destruction and economic paralysis.

Adding insult to injury, Bishop Artemije persists in presenting the now free and independent Republic of Kosovo as "barely functioning." He apparently wishes for its collapse.

The Republic of Kosovo is recognized by 54 states, including the U.S. and 22 members of the European Union. Despite its initial difficulties, Kosovo is a functional state, with well-defined borders, a central governing authority and a compact population, seeking peaceful relations with all of its neighbors, including Serbia. Its independence is irreversible.

The rights of the Serbian minority (5%) are guaranteed by Kosovo's constitution and safeguarded by the local government. Unfortunately, the process of their inclusion and involvement is still being held hostage by Serbia's interference in Kosovo's internal affairs. New rational Serb voices are fortunately making themselves heard. Srdja Popovic, a renowned lawyer and human-rights activist, recently declared that "The only way to get out of the stalemate for Serbia is to recognize Kosovo's independence immediately."

The Republic of Kosovo has adopted the ingredients of a modern state, including liberty under the law, accountable government, a free-market economy, and religious and national tolerance.

We hope that His Grace will join the efforts aimed at promoting peace and reconciliation between the two peoples.

Jahja Kokaj
University of Kuwait

Sami Repishti, Ph.D.
City University of New York (ret.)

Gentian Zyberi
University of Utrecht
Hëna
Hëna

Female

Back to top Go down

Kosova News Thread-Discuss Empty Albania To Let Kosovo Use Adriatic Port

Post  Hëna Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:14 pm

Kosovo`s Prime Minister Hashim Thaci sent a letter to Berisha earlier this month on the port issue.

Albania is to let landlocked and newly independent Kosovo use its Adriatic Sea port of Shengjin, Prime Minister Sali Berisha said on Monday.

Getting access to a seaport is important for Kosovo, which has an ethnic Albanian majority but is a former province of Serbia whose economy has been historically oriented towards Belgrade. It wants better access to markets in the rest of Europe markets and in neighbouring Albania proper.

"Prime Minister Berisha ... said Albania is fully ready to allocate to Kosovo a port to meet its needs," Berisha's press office quoted him as telling Kosovo's Transport Minister Fatmir Limaj.

Berisha and Limaj agreed they needed to study the possibility of enlarging the port of Shengjin, which is close to a road now under construction costing around a billion euros that will shorten the journey from Kosovo to Albania.

"Kosovo and Albania must work jointly to integrate and unify practices in different fields to make life easier for their citizens," Berisha's office quoted him as saying.

Other joint projects would include power generation, a railway link, unification of education and cultural programmes, mountain tourism and a joint network of customs checkpoints to "scrap bureaucratic barriers in the movement of people and goods", the office statement said.

Kosovo's Prime Minister Hashim Thaci sent a letter to Berisha earlier this month on the port issue.

"The port deal would boost Kosovo's economic development and independence, and will bring many-sided profits to Kosovo, the Albanian state and the whole region," Thaci wrote.
Hëna
Hëna

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Hëna Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:32 pm

Kryetari i AAK-se e quan te gabuar vendimin per shtyrjen e zgjedhjeve deri me 2011
Hëna
Hëna

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Hëna Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:35 pm

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1857622883/bctid14225125001

^^^watch video

http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2009a/02/119845.htm

^^^full article

SHBA mbështet hapur shtetin e ri të Kosovës. Sekretarja amerikane e shtetit, Hillari Klinton priti në një takim të vecantë presidentin e Kosovës, Sejdiu dhe kryeministrin, Thaci të cilët i uroi për krijimin e shtetit të ri. Gjatë një konference të përbashkët për shtyp, Klinton theksoi mbështetjen e SHBA-ve për shtetin e ri të Kosovës, ndërsa liderët kosovarë shprehën mirënjohjen, duke konsideruar si thelbësore rolin e SHBA për vendin. Version multimedial i ketij lajmi

WASHINGTON-Takimi mes Sekretares amerikanë të shtetit dhe liderëve të Kosovës ka vijuar me një konferencë të përbashkët për shtyp, në të cilën është nënvizuar bashkëpunimi dhe mbështetja e Shteteve të Bashkuara të Amerikës, për Kosovën. Gjatë fjalës së saj, Hilari Klinton ka theksuar se në thelb të diskutimeve gjatë takimit me Presidentin Sejdiu dhe kryeministrin Thaci kanë qenë sfidat e Kosovës.
Klinton shprehu angazhimin e SHBA për ti qëndruar pranë Kosovës në rrugën e mëtejshme të forcimit të demokracisë. “SHBA do të angazhohet në bisedime edhe me Bashkimin Europian, në mënyrë që Kosova të integrohet edhe në strukturat e tjera ndërkombëtare”-theksoi sekretarja amerikane e shtetit. “Sfidat vazhdojnë sepse Kosova është shtet ri, dhe një nga sfidat është shoqëria shumetnike”- tha Klinton, e cila përgëzoi edhe shoqërinë e Kosovës për angazhimet për një shoqëri të tillë. Shefja e diplomacisë amerikane tha se viti i fundit që coi në pavarësinë e Kosovës tregoi se udhëheqja kosovare ka arritur një pjekuri politike.
Liderët e Kosovës, fillimisht presidenti Sejdiu dhe pastaj edhe kryeministri Thaci, vlerësuan mbështetjen e madhe të SHBA në rrugën e pavarësisë së Kosovës dhe pas saj.
Ata theksuan se Kosova është e njohur tashmë nga 55 shtete të botës, duke i kërkuar SHBA edhe ndihmë për njohje të tjera nga vende të tjera të globit.
Sekretarja Klinton premtoi se njohjet e reja të shtetit të ri të Kosovës janë përparësi e politikës së jashtme amerikane, duke shtuar se Uashingtoni do të nxitë vende të tjera që ta njohin Kosovën.
Hëna
Hëna

Female

Back to top Go down

Kosova News Thread-Discuss Empty The “Epopee of the Kosovo Liberation Army” started today

Post  Hëna Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:04 pm

On the occasion of the 11th anniversary since the heroic fall of the legendary commander of Kosovo Liberation Army-KLA, Adem Jashari, the three day manifestation known as “the Epopee of the Kosovo Liberation Army” started today with the visit of Kosovo institutional leaders, other personalities and the people to Prekaz.
Over fifty members of the Jashari family were killed in an uneven war with the Serb forces, 11 years ago, thus marking the beginning of the open war in Kosovo between KLA and the Serb war machinery.
Kosovo President Fatmir Sejdiu said that this day is the day of pride and for the freedom loving people it represents a unique example of sacrifice.
Kosovo Prime Minister, Hashim Thaci on the other hand said that the Jashari’s through their sublime sacrifice passed over the message of unity and freedom.
During an interview for Radio Kosova, Kosovo head of Parliament Jakup Krasniqi said that the Jashari Epopee has once and for all divided the history of Albanian people into the epoch of slavery and the epoch of dignity and pride for the Albanians seeking their freedom. Krasniqi also expressed his dissatisfaction with the slow progress in the building of the Memorial Complex “Adem Jashari” and the legal placement of the Jashari family within the newest Kosovo legislation.
During the manifestation “Epopee of KLA”, tomorrow, on March 6, there will be homage’s paid to the cemetery of the fallen KLA fighters while at 18:00 there will be a Commemoration Academy held at the so-called red hall of the Prishtina Youth Center where the President of Kosovo, Fatmir Sejdiu, Prime Minister Hashim Thaci and academic Rexhep Qosja will deliver speeches.
The Academy will be followed with a concert of Kosovo Philharmonics Orchestra
On March 7, the third and final day of the manifestation will be marked with the traditional “Night of fires” in Prekaz.
Meanwhile, today, in all schools of the Republic of Kosovo, the first class was dedicated to discussions between teachers and pupils over the heroic fall of Adem Jashari, the sublime sacrifice for freedom and independence as well as about the KLA war in general. Both children and teachers expressed pride for being able to speak about the actions of the legendary commander Adem Jashari, saying that “it was him” who brought them freedom.
Various activities as part of this manifestation which is held for the second time in the independent and sovereign state of Kosovo, under the patronage of Kosovo Prime Minister, will spread out from today until March 7, 2009.
Hëna
Hëna

Female

Back to top Go down

Kosova News Thread-Discuss Empty Kosovo to Begin Construction of Highway to Albania this Spring

Post  AuLoNa Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:33 pm

BalkanTravellers.com

10 March 2009 | As Albania is completing its portion of the highway linking it to Kosovo, the Balkans’ youngest state is expected to start construction of its segment of the road this spring.

The part of the highway which is nearing completion is between the Albanian towns of Durrës, located on the Adriatic coast in the central part of the country, and Kukës, located inland in northern Albania, near the border with Kosovo.

Before Kosovo can begin construction of the first kilometres of its part of the highway, however, Parliament has to approve a bill regarding the compensation of landowners. According to media reports, the bill will be voted on at the Parliament’s next plenary session next month. Once the bill is adopted, the project will start rapidly, Vice chairman of the Committee for Budget and Finance, Haki Shatri, told media.

According to officials from the Transport Ministry, there are 33 road construction companies from the EU, US and Asia interested in carrying out the project.
AuLoNa
AuLoNa
No rank
No rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Kosova News Thread-Discuss Empty IMF conditions aid to Serbia with recognition of Kosovo

Post  AuLoNa Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Friday, 20 March 2009

International Monetary Fund has conditioned Serbia to recognize Kosovo independence first before any financial aid will be given, including the requested 2 billion dollars aid, writes the German daily newspaper, Die Tageszeitung.

"No aid will be given to Serbia by IMF without recognition of Kosovo first" informs the paper quoting a high IMF official regarding the decision.

Serbia is at the brink of total state bankruptcy due to the global economical crises and it is in desperate need for financial aid, says the paper.

Only after the recognition of Kosovo, Serbia can count on the money of International Monetary Fund, writes Die Tageszeitung.
AuLoNa
AuLoNa
No rank
No rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  AuLoNa Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Kosova dhe Perandoria Osmane në dokumente arkivore

Paraqet, Sabri Selmani. Gjermani

Simpozium ndërkombëtar: "Kosova dhe Perandoria Osmane në dokumente arkivore", 14-15 prill 2009, Hotel Grand, Prishtinë.

E premte, 10 Prill 2009

Simpoziumi Ndërkombëtar
" Kosova dhe Perandoria Osmane në Dokumente Arkivore"

Agjencioni Turk për Zhvillim Bashkëpunim dhe Ndërkombëtar (TIKA) në bashkëpunim me Agjencinë Shtetrore të Arkivave të Kosovës, organizon Simpoziumin Ndërkombëtar "Kosova dhe Perandoria Osmane në Dokumente Arkivore" i cili do të mbahet më 14-15 prill 2009 në Prishtinë.

Në seancën hapëse do të prezantohen tezat e Drejtorit Gjeneral i Arkivit Shtetëror të Republikës së Turqisë Dr. Yusuf Sarınay dhe Prof.Dr. Skender RIZAJ. Simpoziumi do të zgjasë dy ditë dhe do të diskutohen tema të ndryshme rreth Kosovës në Periudhën Osmane nga akademikë dhe punonjës shkencorë.

Në simpozium do të marrin pjesë 70 akademikë dhe ekspertë të fushës së arkivave nga 11 vende (Turqi, Kosovë, Maqedoni, Bosnje, Mali i Zi, Sërbi, Kroaci, Slloveni, Austri, Poloni) , mdërkohë që temat kryesore të trajtimit do të jenë: Struktura Administrative dhe Politike në Periudhën Osmane, Popullata , Ekonomia, Kultura dhe Qytetërimi. Poashtu në kuadër të simpoziumit me kontributin e Drejtoratit Gjeneral të Arkivit Shtetëror të Republikës së Turqisë do të organizohet hapja e ekspozitës me temën " Vilajeti i Kosovës në Dokumentet Arkivore Osmane ".

Është shumë e rëndësishme që në kohën kur Kosova pas shpalljes së pavarsisë dhe me hyrjen në një fazë të re, të kuptohet dhe të analizohet Periudha 532 vjeçare e Perandorisë Osmane duke u bazuar në fakte historike dhe në parime shkencore. Në këtë aspekt, është shumë e rëndësishme dhe ka një domethënie të madhe që kjo periudhë të studiohet dhe hulumtohet nga historianë dhe shkenctarë në të cilën dy popujt pra Turqit dhe Shqiptarët kanë treguar vullnet të fortë për bashkëjetesë.
Simpoziumi Ndërkombëtar "Kosova dhe Perandoria Osmane në Dokumente Arkivore" ka ofruar mindësi pjesmarrjee shkenctarëve dhe zyrtarëve të lartë të Arkivave nga vendet e Ballkanit të diskutojnë dhe të takohen në Kosovë dhe gjithashtu tezat e prezantuara në këtë simpozium do të përmbledhen në një libër i cili do të publikohet më vonë nga ana e Agjencisë Shtetrore të Arkivave të Kosovës.

Shpresohet se simpoziumi i lartëpërmendur ku do të paraqiten dhe diskutohen temat e ndryshme si nga jeta politike, ekonomia, urbanizmi dhe qytetërimi, jeta religjioze, shërbimet publike, komunikim dhe personalitete shtetrore në Perandorinë Osmane etj. do të kontribojë në shfaqjen e fakteve historike të së kaluarës Osmane në Kosovë

Studiuesit Kosovarë: "Duhet të rishkruhet historia"

Në Kosovë paralajmërohet rishkrimi i historisë kombëtare shqiptare.
E shtunë, 11 Prill 2009

Kjo pasi sipas studiuesve, deri me tani historia e popullit shqiptare, vecanerisht ajo e Kosoves eshte shkruar ne menyre shume subjektive dhe me paragjykime.

Selim Daci i cili i referohet qasjes nga historiografia serbe, thote se eshte i domosdoshem kthimi i dokumenteve autentike nga arkivat e shteteve perendimore, sidomos ato nga Turqia, ne menyre qe studiuesit shqiptare te fillojne hulumtimet per zbardhjen e shume te vertetave per popullin shqiptar.

Me porosine "Te shkruash historine me tolerance" te henen ne Prishtine do te filloje edhe simpoziumi shkencor, ku per dy dite radhazi do prezantohen dokumenta arkivore nga Turqia, per te kaluaren historike te kohes se perandorise osmane ne raport me shqiptaret.

"Ne do te orientohemi ne hulumtimin e dokumentave perendimore dhe se bashku, pasi te kompletojme dokumentacionin te nisim te rishkruajme historine", u shpreh kryetari i Bordit te Arkivave te Kosoves, Selim Daci.

Historianet, nderkaq, presin qe nga kjo baze dokumentare te dalin shume te verteta historike te cilat per opinionin shqiptar apo per te tjeret nuk kane qene te njohura deri me tani.

"Shume fakte historike ose jane te mistifikuara ose jane te panjohura. Rishkrimi i historise eshte nje akt i rendesishem", u shpreh historiani, Frasher Demaj.

Por mungesa e njohesve te mirefillte te gjuhes osmane duket se do ta veshtiresoje hulumtimin, deshifrimin dhe perkthimin e dokumenteve nga gjuha osmane ne ate shqipe.

Vala Sylejmani eshte nga studentet e pakta te deges se historise, e cila duke ditur rendesine e kesaj gjuhe ka vendosur qe studimet pas universitare t'i vazhdoje pikerisht per gjuhe osmane.

Pavaresisht rendesise se dokumenteve te lashta, Kosova deri me tani ka patur vetem tre njohes te gjuhes osmane.
AuLoNa
AuLoNa
No rank
No rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Kosova News Thread-Discuss Empty Wisner: Kosova? Historia nuk ribehet

Post  AuLoNa Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:47 pm

Ish-perfaqesuesi amerikan ne bisedimet per pavaresine e Kosoves, Frank G.Wisner shprehet se Kosova nuk mund t’i kthehet mbrapsht Serbise, pavaresisht nga padia e bere ne Gjykaten Nderkombetare te Drejtesise ne Hage.
Ne nje takim me studente dhe intelektuale ne Tirane, Uisner tha se procesi eshte me teper nje ceshtje proceduriale qe ne fakt do te kerkoje nje kohe shtese per argumentim para se gjykata te dale me nje vendim.

Ai u shpreh i sigurt se historia nuk mund te zhbehet me dhe se vendimi i gjykates do te jete nje mundesi per rajonin qe ai te ece perpara. Ai perjashtoi edhe cdo mundesi per ndarjen e Mitrovices.

“Cili do te ishte efekti i ndarjes se Kosoves? Eshte nje problem madhor qe do te hapte kutine e Pandores. Si do mbahej nen fre presioni brenda vete Serbise? C’argument do te perdorej per mosfraksionimin e metejshem te rajonit e sidomos Maqedonise? Ndaj besoj se nuk eshte vetem nje gabim nje gje e tille, por mendoj se do te kete qendrim te perbashket europian kunder ndarjes”, ka deklaruar Wisner.

Duke iu referuar rezolutes 1244 qe e deklaron Mitrovicen pjese te Kosoves, diplomati amerikan tha se situata tani eshte mjaft e mire, pasi atje ka nje prani europiane.

“Them se me kohen Mitrovica do te ndjeke rrjedhen e Prishtines sepse keshtu e dikton logjika, e sidomos ajo ekonomike. Ku mund te shkoje tjeter Mitrovica veriore, te ardhme ne Serbi nuk ka. Ndaj them se duhet durim, vetem kaq. Vendi im nuk do te pranoje asnjehre ndarjen e Kosoves. Mund te reflektohet tek europianet, por gjerat tashme kane marre udhe e ashtu do te mbeten”, ka pohuar Wisner.

Per rreth nje ore ish-perfaqesuesi i Uashingtonit gjate bisedimeve per Kosoven i eshte pergjigjur pyetjve te analisteve dhe pjesemarrevse te interesuar per ceshtjen e Kosoves ne nje tryeze te zhvilluar nga universiteti Polis.
AuLoNa
AuLoNa
No rank
No rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Kosova News Thread-Discuss Empty Interpol Fugitives Lobby Against Investment in Kosovo

Post  Hëna Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:49 pm

Two fugitives from Interpol are leading a campaign to keep foreign investors out of Kosovo, and have launched a 5.5milion euro court case against several Kosovo institutions, Balkan Insight can reveal. Two fugitives from Interpol are leading a campaign to keep foreign investors out of Kosovo, and have launched a 5.5 million euro court case against several Kosovo institutions.
Ove Johansen and Ronny Sorensen, both wanted on fraud charges, are behind the website dontinvestinkosovo.com, launched earlier this month to warn firms against investing in Kosovo.

The web page is as yet only in a rudimentary stage and is expected to be complete on May 1.

“The founders have decided that this web page will be a "non political forum" for all those that have any interest to follow the expected changes for a better Kosovo, in all aspects,” it reads.

“The founders also hope that this page one day will end up to be: itssafetoinvestinkosovo.com”

According to documents lodged at Kosovo’s Supreme Court, Johansen and Sorensen are among 31 investors in the firm Norway Invest claiming damages from three bodies, the Post and Telecom of Kosovo, PTK, the Kosovo Trust Agency, KTA, and its successor, the Kosovo Privatisation Agency, KPA.

The case relates to a deal in 2003 between Norway Invest and PTK to install phone masts for the emergency services and military in Kosovo. The deal was later dropped after a corruption investigation began.

Johansen and Sorensen are wanted by Interpol over fraud charges in relation to the contract. The two men denied any wrongdoing to Balkan Insight.

Johansen has admitted being convicted of financial irregularities in Norway in 2002 but said his business dealings in Kosovo had been above board.

He told Balkan Insight he was also launching cases in Norway and in Italy to clear his name. “We will chase them one by one,” he added. He was speaking from Montenegro, where he claims to have been effectively under house arrest since an international warrant was issued in 2006.

Fellow Norwegian Sorensen, who remains in Oslo, Norway, has described the judicial process in Kosovo as “Kafkaesque” on the “don’t-invest” website.

Norway Invest signed the deal with PTK to install Tetra phone masts for police and the military in 2003. The firm says it was paid 300,000 euros for preliminary work on the project.

But the UN mission in Kosovo, UNMIK, then launched a corruption investigation into the deal, claiming the contract was “damaging”, that the funds had been paid to a ghost company and that local officials had abused their positions. UNMIK had been working on its own Tetra phone mast system, which went live in 2003.

The contract was signed by the former PTK director, Leme Xhema. A Kosovo court last year convicted her of abusing her authority and company resources. Mustafe Neziri, Norway Invest’s director for Kosovo, was also convicted for fraudulent contracts. Both have appealed.

According to the writ against the PTK, the KTA and KPA, Norway Invest seeks to claw back 5.5 million euros in lost income and wasted investment.

Johansen told Balkan Insight it was important to warn potential investors of the dangers awaiting them in Kosovo. “We are trying to put the focus on how, in the modern world, can you invest in a country when there is no justice system,” he said.

“This is nothing against the normal citizens of Kosovo but every investor should be scared before they put their money in this country,” he added. “Would 31 investors from Norway be doing this if it was not a correct case?”

Shkumbin Bicaj, head of the Kosovo Privatization Agency, said: “The Norway group sent us letters saying that they are going to press charges against the KPA and the PTK but Kosovo’s Privatization Agency doesn’t have to do anything with that [case].

“We don’t have anything to do with the case, as it was the Kosovo Trust Agency that was involved with this issue back in 2003 and 2004.”

Menduh Abazi, spokesperson for PTK, said the PTK considered the file closed. “We are not dealing with it any longer. The people who signed the damaging contract for PTK are currently in jail and this issue is closed now.”

But Betim Shala, a lawyer acting for Norway Invest, told Balkan Insight that his clients viewed the Privatisation Agency as the inheritor of the Kosovo Trust Agency. “Now it remains for the court to determine whether this issue will be linked with the Kosovo Privatisation Agency.”

Shala said the charges were being issued now, four years on, because the legal context had changed in the meantime. “The judiciary is now under EULEX’s control rather than UNMIK”, he explained.

According to documents seen by Balkan Insight, EULEX prosecutors have received files on the fraud case against Johansen and Sorensen and are “assessing how to proceed further”.

A letter, written by EULEX chief prosecutor Theo Jacobs, also noted that the fraud case against Sorensen had already reached Pristina District Court, while charges against Johansen have been suspended because he is “at large”. They can only proceed if Johansen or Sorensen return to Kosovo or are arrested under the issued international warrant, the letter stated.

The two Norwegians will remain on Interpol’s most wanted list until the head of UNMIK makes the request for them to be removed in writing.

A government spokesman, Memli Krasniqi, meanwhile, criticised the disinvestment campaign and said those behind it were acting out of personal interests.

“We regret that some individuals, because of their personal interests, are taking such steps,” he said. “There are thousands of other examples that speak about the advantages of investing in Kosovo and the incentives awaiting potential investors,” he added.
Hëna
Hëna

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down