ARBËNIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Albania News Thread! Discuss

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Albania News Thread! Discuss - Page 2 Empty Albania ready to accept US missile shield

Post  Hëna Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:16 pm

Albania had nothing against the deployment of elements of the US missile shield on its territory, Albanian prime minister Sali Berisha was quoted by the Russian news agency Itar-Tass on February 23 2009.

Albania has not received any such request from the US, but the country was ready to accept it, Berisha said when asked to comment on media reports that Washington might choice Albania over Poland and the Czech Republic, the countries now meant to host elements of the missile shield.

"As a Nato member country and as a strategic partner of the US Albania will say yes to the US should they ask us," Berisha said. Nato signed accession protocols with Albania on July 9 2008, but the country is yet to become a full member as the ratification process is still underway.

"It would be Albania's contribution to maintaining the world's security," Berisha said.

In August 2008, the US and Poland formally signed an agreement to deploy 10 missile defense interceptors on Polish territory, part of a larger system that would include a radar system in the Czech Republic.

Russia has always been against the US anti-missile shield plan, threatening to deploy a short-range missile system in its Baltic enclave of Kaliningrad, which borders Poland, in response.

On February 14 2009, Polish foreign minister Radoslaw Sikorski was quoted by Xinhua news agency that the Polish government was ready to conclude negotiations with the US on "a package of deals linked with cooperation in missile defense."

"We understand that a final decision on the missile defense base in Poland will be taken by President Barack Obama administration," Sikorski said in a speech to Poland's parliament but said that Poland expected the US to fulfill the declaration on strategic cooperation.
Hëna
Hëna

Female
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Albania News Thread! Discuss - Page 2 Empty Re: Albania News Thread! Discuss

Post  Hëna Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:15 pm

Zyra e shtypit e presidencës nuk ka dhënë asnjë njoftim në lidhje me këtë takim por burime të afërta me të bëjnë të ditur se mes të pranishmëve është diskutuar për çështjet ligjore në Shqipëri, si dhe për ligjin e lustracionit. Version multimedial i ketij lajmi

DURRES- Presidenti i Republikës, Bamir Topi, ambasadori amerikan në Tiranë, John Withers dhe drejtues të lartë të institucioneve të Drejtësisë Shqiptare kanë zhvilluar dje një takim të vecantë në qytetin e Durrësit. Zyra e shtypit e presidencës nuk ka dhënë asnjë njoftim në lidhje me këtë takim por burime të afërta me të bëjnë të ditur se mes të pranishmëve është diskutuar për çështjet ligjore në Shqipëri, si dhe për ligjin e lustracionit.

Të pranishëm në këtë takim kanë qenë edhe juristi amerikan, Rozher Sherard Kryeprokurorja Ina Rama, Kryetari i Gjykatës Kushtetuese, Vladimir Kristo, Kryetarja e Gjykatës së Lartë, Shpresa Beçaj, si dhe nënkryetari i Këshillit të Lartë të Drejtësisë, Kreshnik Spahiu.

Sipas burimeve të brendshme në takim, juristi amerikan, Rozher Sherard, ka shprehur mendimin e tij në lidhje me ligjin e lustracionit, duke mbajtur qëndrimin e thënë edhe më parë nga shteti amerikan, se ai është në kundërshtim me Kushtetutën.
Hëna
Hëna

Female

Back to top Go down

Albania News Thread! Discuss - Page 2 Empty Albania: Minister Basha attended the Ministerial Meeting of the Foreign Ministers of NATO Member States

Post  Hëna Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:31 pm

The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Albania, Mr. Lulzim Basha attended the Ministerial Meeting of the Foreign Ministers of NATO Member States, held in Brussels, on the 5th of March 2009.

This Meeting, whose main aim was the preparation of the documents due to be adopted at the Strasburg/Kehl Summit by the Heads of States/Governments of the Alliance Member States, discussed on a large number of issues related to the future of NATO and notably, its operations in Afghanistan and Kosovo, its relations with Russia, the increase of the Organization’s efficiency and others.

In his address to the North Atlantic Council, after thanking the Member States for the record–breaking finalization of all necessary procedures for the ratification of the Protocols of Accession to NATO, Minister Basha stated that, while Albania is preparing itself to become a full-right member of the Alliance at the Strasburg/Kehl Summit 2009, exactly on the 60th Anniversary of the founding of the Alliance, we are more than ever aware of the values and principles that this Alliance bears and we are more determined than ever to render our own contribution to maintain and advance them further, both in our country, in the region and everywhere.

With regard to NATO’s commitment to Kosovo, Minister Basha considered the further continuation of the KFOR Mission in the current configuration as a priority. He supported all the findings presented to the Council by the Secretary General and the attending Ministers that the situation in Kosovo has undergone a deep – rooted improvement during the last year after the proclamation of independence. Likewise, Minister Basha praised the deployment of EULEX throughout Kosovo’s territory and his functionality.

Minister Basha noted that one of the greatest challenges for Kosovo is the integration of Serbian minority into the Kosovo society and institutions. Minister Basha went on saying that the main impediment to this integration is the financing and sponsorship for the parallel structures in Kosovo. The removal of this hurdle would enhance security and stability, both in Kosovo and in the region and it will serve the long – term objectives of the Alliance in Western Balkans.

As to the NATO’s engagement in Afghanistan, on behalf of the Albanian Government, Minister Basha extended Albania’s support for NATO’s objectives and readiness to boost our contribution, demonstrating in this way Albania’s role as a contributor to global security.

During this Ministerial Meeting, Mr. Basha met with and had talks with the Secretary General of NATO, Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, the EU High Representative, Javier Solana, the US Secretary of State, Madam Hillary Clinton, the Foreign Ministers of the UK, Belgium, the Netherlands, Norway, the Czech Republic, Croatia, Spain, Slovenia and others.

During the meeting with Mr. Basha, Secretary Clinton commended Albania’s progress in its membership path to NATO, expressing the belief that in Strasburg/Kehl, Albania will sit with full rights at the North Atlantic Alliance Organization.

At all the meetings that Mr. Basha had during the two days of his stay in Brussels and at the Plenary Session of the North Atlantic Council, he received the evident positive assessment from all the interlocutors for the reforms that Albania has instituted, in view of achieving the Alliance standards. Secretary General Scheffer and all his counterparts extended to Minister Basha the pleasure that at the Strasburg/Kehl Summit, Albania and Croatia will be members with full rights of the Alliance; meanwhile, they expressed their confidence on the precious role and contribution that these two countries provide in reinforcing security in the region and wider.

With his EU counterparts, Minister Basha addressed a series of issues related to developments in the context of the Albania’s European integration process and developments in the region.
Hëna
Hëna

Female

Back to top Go down

Albania News Thread! Discuss - Page 2 Empty OSCE Presence in Albania to launch project to enhance role of women in governance

Post  Hëna Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:32 pm

The OSCE Presence in Albania will launch a three-year project on Monday that aims to enhance the role of women in governance.

Project activities will focus on promoting women leaders with the aim of increasing the number of women elected to the Albanian Assembly and in local government.

The initiative follows the Albanian Assembly's recent approval of the Gender Equality Law and the Electoral Code, and builds on the objectives of the National Strategy on Gender Equality and Eradication of Domestic Violence.

The project launch event will feature keynote addresses by Minister of Labour, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities Anastas Duro, Henk van an den Dool, the Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Ambassador Robert Bosch, the Head of OSCE Presence in Albania, and by Peter Troste, the Head of Development Co-operation from Swedish SIDA in Tirana.

The three-year project is funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and the Kingdom of Sweden.

Journalists are invited to attend the event, which starts at 14.45 on Monday, 9 March 2009, at the Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities.
Hëna
Hëna

Female

Back to top Go down

Albania News Thread! Discuss - Page 2 Empty Albania to formally apply for EU membership

Post  Hëna Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:42 pm

Published: Tuesday 10 March 2009

Taking advantage of the pro-enlargement Czech EU Presidency, Albania will present its European Union membership application before the end of June, the country's prime minister, Sali Berisha, announced on Sunday (8 March).
"Albania has received the green light 'in principle' from the Czech Presidency of the European Union to hand in its request for membership," said the Albanian premier in an interview with AFP, before adding that the date for doing so is yet to be determined.

"We agreed on filing the request," he said, noting that 96% of Albanians back the country's EU bid.

The European Commission has identified normal procedures in Albania's upcoming parliamentary elections as a condition of its candidacy, with the country set to hold parliamentary elections on 28 June. Meanwhile, the IMF recently warned Tirana to be prudent in its spending ahead of the elections, or risk undermining the country's macroeconomic stability.

Albania has a poor record in elections, which are often marked by fraud and incidents. A new electoral law designed to prevent fraud was recently adopted in parliament.

'It's all about elections'

Berisha's decision to file an EU membership application is seen in Brussels as a pre-electoral trick. Albania's political class also hopes to benefit from NATO opening its doors to the former communist country at the alliance's summit on 3-4 April. Croatia is expected to join NATO at the same time.

Diplomats indeed hinted that "it's all about elections," with other polls also a factor, including European elections in June in particular, but also national elections in Germany in September. Moreover, a second Irish referendum on the Lisbon Treaty will most likely be held in October.

Amid falling public support for further EU enlargement in Western Europe, mainstream political parties do not wish to give ammunition to populists wishing to exploit fears that a poor country like Albania would add to the bloc's problems, said one diplomat.

"Zhvillimi i zgjedhjeve parlamentare të 28 qershorit 2009 në përputhje me standardet ndërkombëtare, është një kusht themelor për progresin e BE-së në rrugën europiane”- deklaroi zëdhënësja e Oli Rehn në një prononcim për "GSH" Version multimedial i ketij lajmi

TIRANE- Shqipëria nuk duhet të nxitohet me paraqitjen e kandidaturës për anëtarësimin në Bashkimin Europian”. Kështu deklaroi dje Krisztina Nagy, zëdhënësja e Komisionerit europian për Zgjerimin, Olli Rehn, duke i bëri thirrje qeverisë shqiptare të tregohet e kujdesshme me zgjedhjen e momentit për aplikimin.

Në një prononcim ekskluziv dhënë “Gazetës Shqiptare”, Nagy tha se, “para se të paraqesë kandidaturën në BE, qeveria shqiptare duhet të koordinohet me presidencën e bllokut, Komisionin Europian dhe 27 vendet anëtare”. “Qëndrimi ynë është bërë i ditur në shumë raste, së fundmi kemi deklaruar publikisht se qeveria shqiptare bëri një zgjedhje të zgjuar duke e shtyrë aplikimin”, - theksoi ajo.

“Më e rëndësishmja është që Shqipëria të koordinohet me Presidencën Çeke të Bashkimit Europian, që drejton bllokun për gjashtë muajt e parë të vitit”, - deklaroi zëdhënësja e Komisionerit për Zgjerimin.

Zëdhënësja e Rehn theksoi më tej për “Gazeta Shqiptare” se “zhvillimi i zgjedhjeve parlamentare të 28 qershorit 2009 në përputhje me standardet ndërkombëtare, është një kusht themelor për progresin e BE-së në rrugën europiane”.
Ky është një tjetër paralajmërim që i është shtuar Shqipërisë, pas atij të ministrit të Jashtëm çek, Karel Schëarzenberg, ndërkohë që kryeministri Berisha deklaron se do të aplikojë për në BE brenda muajit qershor.
Hëna
Hëna

Female

Back to top Go down

Albania News Thread! Discuss - Page 2 Empty Albania:Agreement Between the Hellenic Republic and the Republic of Albania on the Delimitation of Their Maritime Space and Continental Shelf Initialed

Post  AuLoNa Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:12 pm

On 19 March 2009 the “Agreement between the Republic of Albania and the Hellenic Republic on the Delimitation of their Maritime Space and Continental Shelf” was initialed at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

This Agreement of special national significance for both our countries, which is based on the international law principles and on the UN Maritime Convention, is due to be signed soon.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs extends the conviction that the conclusion of this Agreement will contribute to the further strengthening and intensification of the good and friendly relations existing between our two friendly countries.

Since when have they been called Hellenic Republic? Rolling Eyes
AuLoNa
AuLoNa
No rank
No rank

Female
Number of posts : 1002
Humor : Plenty..:)
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Arbon Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:32 am

AuLoNa wrote:
On 19 March 2009 the “Agreement between the Republic of Albania and the Hellenic Republic on the Delimitation of their Maritime Space and Continental Shelf” was initialed at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

This Agreement of special national significance for both our countries, which is based on the international law principles and on the UN Maritime Convention, is due to be signed soon.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs extends the conviction that the conclusion of this Agreement will contribute to the further strengthening and intensification of the good and friendly relations existing between our two friendly countries.

Since when have they been called Hellenic Republic? Rolling Eyes

They better call it Orthodox Republic of Limited Human Rights.
Arbon
Arbon

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2