ARBËNIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where can I find online recordings of the Kruja or Mat dialect?

2 posters

Go down

Where can I find online recordings of the Kruja or Mat dialect? Empty Where can I find online recordings of the Kruja or Mat dialect?

Post  Sykalter Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:56 pm

I have not been able to find a lot of information on the dialects of Kruja or Mat. Does anyone know of any youtube or other videos with people speaking in the Kruja and or Mat dialect? Both of these areas have very interesting vowels, yet I have only found a handful of pronunciations for them. Thanks.

Sykalter

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Back to top Go down

Where can I find online recordings of the Kruja or Mat dialect? Empty Re: Where can I find online recordings of the Kruja or Mat dialect?

Post  ZEUS10 Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:47 pm

Sykalter wrote:I have not been able to find a lot of information on the dialects of Kruja or Mat. Does anyone know of any youtube or other videos with people speaking in the Kruja and or Mat dialect? Both of these areas have very interesting vowels, yet I have only found a handful of pronunciations for them. Thanks.

I am sorry to say, that nobody in Albania has ever made a thorough study for the Albanian subdialects, but I could say that the Geg dialect in general is very very interesting. It has the vowels, vowels-groups, and diphtongs like Ancient Greek has. In Albania, the study of this dialect has been intentionally ignored, or let's say prohibited by the communist regime, and this is a huge mistake that must be repaired, as soon as possible. To study this dialect is not only important for Albanian language, but also for the Proto-indoeuropian language studies. I think this dialect is preserving still alive some forms of the so called laryngeals, presumed obsolete.
ZEUS10
ZEUS10
King
King

Male
Number of posts : 713
Humor : Great, the lightning during the anger greater.
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://www.zeus10.com

Back to top Go down